Friday, July 3, 2015

Guest of the Week: Daniel Wrenn on "Dad Fashion"




Dad fashion. It’s exactly what you’d think it is: people dressing as middle aged dads or using the elements of our tacky father’s outfits to accentuate our own styles.  I am over the moon for Dad fashion. It’s a relatively small, recent movement within alternative communities. Often the ingredients for a good dad-dy outfit include tube socks, glasses, loose shirts and loose fitting knee length shorts. Also included in your kit to becoming a fashion dad: high wadders, suspenders, and certain button up shirts, but always always always tube socks. Also, don’t let the name fool you. I’ve seen people of all gender identities rule with this look. It’s become so ironic that it isn’t ironic anymore. My good friend Daniel Wrenn is in these photos modeling what he considers to be his take on Dad-fash, and out of anyone I’ve personally met he owns it best.  We plan to do a separate post entirely on this subject soon, but as for now I definitely wanted to just show off Daniel as my unique guest of the week. 


Daniel's IG - lifexofxdan





No comments:

Post a Comment